Monday, September 17, 2007

Quick one...

Hi we are in Yankton South Dakota. We are staying with Tony's brother for a couple of days.

We spent a couple of days at Niobrara State Park and saw lots of deer... It was beautiful... I will try to get online soon to upload some pics...

We are spending heaps of money... but dont seem to have a lot to show for it.

The scenery is beautiful in Nebraska and in the parts of SD that we have seen so far.

I cant believe that their are wild animals just running everywhere along the side of the road.

I got up close to some buffalo and deer.

Carol and I went on a LOOOOOONG walk we followed a beautiful track throught the forrest... it went for miles and miles... finally came out miles from where we were camped... It took us an hour or more to get back.

I have sent a parcel but you guys can not open it til I get home.

I have picked up presents for some so far and hope to find more as we head out to the Badlands and Rosebud reservation... after that to Yellowstone. Apparently we will see Moose, Elk and bears there.

We are going to a bear park where they help bears that have been injured or ophaned.

We are also going to see the Crazy horse monument.

We went to Ford Robinson and stayed the night there. It was a really awful place. It was where Crazy Horse was killed and a whole group of Cheyene were killed too. I am learning heaps about the native history and it is very bloody.
I have bought a couple of books to read and they are very interested.
When we were there I was feeling really ill... I had to leave the parade ground where Crazy horse was killed. I will NEVER go back there again.
We have met lots of wonderful people and they all think that we are a real novelty.

Got to go will try to get on again very soon and upload some pics too
Miss everyone

C u soon
xoxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

HAN said...

hi glad to here that you are having so much fun how is your back dose it feel like you are on another planet. have a little bit of bad news well not for you for me we had to put lars down he got really sick it was sad ive cryed 4 3 days now anyway have lots of fun missing you heaps love lots xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi certainly looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy yourself coz nothings changed over here much, I've got ongoing, 3 posies are being advertised this week.
I went to Tassie for my brother's 40th (huge weekend!!!) and I'm going back middle weekend of the holidays, for the AFL grandfinal and a friends birthday.
I am so looking forward to it. Also I can't wait to see more pix and hear what you're up to. Love to You and Mal - Kimbo

Anonymous said...

See, I knew Mal would be a novelty - 'cause he is here too LOL
Glad you are enjoying yourself and getting an education as well. As for the money...oh well, you can't take it with you so might as well enjoy it. You can always be poor later :)
Hanging for more pics. Cheers