Sunday, September 30, 2007

Off to Washington

We stayed in Albany last night after missing Debbie and Dave by a couple of days (that was sad cause I dont know if I will be able to see them again). This morning we headed off to Portland to drop Mark at the airport. We had a difficult (that wasnt the first word I thought of...LOL) time finding parking but finally got there. We left Mark there and headed off with tears flowing for Carol and myself. We will miss him greatly. It has been interesting having him along as his sense of wonder made me take a closer look at a lot of things I may have overlooked. I thank him for that.

We headed ack into portland and had a drive around the city centre and parts of the old town. It is very pretty there.

Next we headed over the river and into Washngton. We started up the I 5 and almost got wiped out by a speeding car that was flying in and out of traffic. Then a police car came after him. We then went up hwy 4 and ended up in Long Island (Washington). We had dinner at a place called the crab pot. As soon as you went in you could smell the fish and other sea food. Mal had chowder and I had steak (yeah I know...) Tony and Carol had fisherman's plates. It was the most expensive dinner that we have had inthe whole time we have been over here.

In the mid west the prices of eating out are very reasonable and the 5 of u could have dinner for less than $40.00 including drinks and the tip. In Walldrug (SD) you could have a cup of coffee for 5 cents. And when you buy a cup of coffee in the diners or resturants they just continue to fill it over and over til you say no more. On the other hand they dont make very good tea over here. Most of the time we are delivered a pot of hot tap water so the cuppa is cold before we start. We found one place called the Tom Tom in Albany in our first few days which we visited again yeaterday and they make the best cuppas Ive had while here. They also make the best banana splits. Not as good as mine.

On our drive throught the poring rain and wind into Washington we saw some more pretty scenery but it was difficult to take photos whilst driving with rain on the windows. Tonight we are staying at a super 8 motel and they have literatue warning of Tsunami and earthquake. That really instills confidence too...lol... this is also the MOST expensive place we have stayed too. We have stayed at other super8s around the place but usually at half or less the cost of a room tonight.

Anyway I will get out of the way for tonight. It may be a few days before I can get online again as we are hoping to be camping in state parks until we get to California and stay with Ben and Anne for a couple of days and I will have to wait for internet access again.

Love you all miss you more.
Rosemaree

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mummy mummy mummy. i love yo.. hehehehehe.. i will be waiting for my porcupine.... or how ever its spelt.. maty said that if he does not get a presant for ptting up with me he is going to send you bek just to get him one.. lol... gots 2 things for the post office so will have to get them tomorrow... have a good time cant wait till next thurs.. amie... xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

sissy, sissy, sissy.....I love you too....lol. And if I don't get a HUGE pressie for putting up with Amie and the rest of them, I will make you send ME over there to buy one....LMAO.

Thanks for the bear, even though thats not really what I had in mind. I'm loving the pix and you are going to have some serious scrapbooking to do when you return.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and I will post more pix of the girls as I take them. heapsof love to you, (and Mal just a little.) Deb

Anonymous said...

daddy daddy daddy!!!!
I thought i'd say that i love you cos everyone one else was talking to mummy...
but i still love mummy a million violet crumbles!!!!!
Love you long time and a bit xoxoxox
luv tor xxoxxxx (by the way all of those other comments are from me too i keep forgetting to write my name hehehe)
WHQUZC

Rosemaree and Mal said...

Hi Amie I have tried to smuggle one for you but it keeps putting holes in daddy's underwear and you know he cant afford to have anymore holes in them. but i will see what i can do...love you... mummy

Rosemaree and Mal said...

Hi Deb I am trying with the bear thing too but as you might know it is really difficult to fit a grizzly in a suitcase...lol
Cant wait to get home to see you
love Rosemaree

Hey Tor daddy was glad that someonme remembered him... as with the porcupine and the bear I am trying to hunt down a chip n dale and a hotty and and and...lol
love mummy & daddy